Words cannot express the mixed emotions I am feeling as Practicum 491 comes to close, as well as the end of the education program. The past 16 months have flown by, and so have the ten weeks from practicum. I have started to phase out in week 10, and let me tell you, I already miss how much involvement I had in the classroom. Our little classroom is full of so many wonderful students, and I miss them already even though I am still here. I have had a lovely practicum experience and am so proud of where I started and where I am now. I am also proud of where my students were, and where they are now. I was welcomed with open arms in this school, by the staff and the students. When I think back to Block 1, I could not envision myself teaching my own classroom and managing all those students on my own. It is incredible how much I have learned and experienced. 

Every opportunity and challenge I have encountered has shaped me in some way to help turn me into the teacher I am in the classroom. I am sad this program is coming to an end. I will be turning in my student identity and trading it in for teacher and lifelong learner. When I first set this goal, and realized I wanted to teach, the road ahead of me was very long and daunting. Now everything is falling into place. I will be moving to Mackenzie with my partner in mid-December, and hopefully finding employment there within the school district. 

To end my final week on a high note, I have created a little gift for each of my students. My partner and I cut down a small tree and made snowmen out of the wooden rounds. Each snowman is decorated with unique buttons to represent student individuality. I have written a special message to each of the students on a little tag to tell them how proud I am of the work they’ve done. I have attached a picture below and cannot wait to see their faces Friday morning when they are on their desks. This final practicum was a perfect way to end the program, and I cannot wait to see where my career will take me. 

Luu amhl good’y, my heart is happy.